Microsoft Outlook is world best platform for using mailing purpose, contact and calendar managing purpose. This is the desktop based safe and secure email client and inbuilt program in Microsoft Office suit with advanced features.
An Outlook stores the mailbox data in local machine into 2 types of data files named as OST and PST.
Both files create in desktop in different circumstance like OST file creates when any email account configures with the above version of MS Outlook 2010 and by using IMAP protocol and the PST file creates when the email account is configured with POP3 protocol in any version of MS Outlook or below version from MS Outlook 2013 (Doesn’t matter for IMAP and POP configuration).
How to Open OST file in MS Outlook?:
An OST file is offline data (Offline Storage Table) of MS Outlook and store the complete Outlook mailbox data in filename.ost format. An OST file can be easily access in MS Outlook until it connects with Outlook profile but if the connectivity with Outlook gets disconnected then OST file becomes inaccessible and there is no any method to open to Outlook or anywhere. To reopen the OST file, the user have to convert OST file to PST file format. Get the easy and powerful solution from here MailsSoftware OST to PST Converter to easily convert Outlook OST mailbox to PST file .
How to Open PST data in MS Outlook?:
The PST file is by-default file format of any version of MS Outlook and it stand for Personal Storage Table. An MS Outlook stores complete mailbox data in structured format in PST file. The PST file can be access anywhere with compatible email clients. To open PST file in MS Outlook, please follow these steps: (With this option, you can only view the PST mailbox data.)
- Open MS Outlook and go to File menu
- Click on Open & Export option
- Select “Open Outlook Data File” option
- Browse PST file to open
- Now you are ready to view the complete mailbox data of PST file
Process to import PST mailbox in MS Outlook:
In this section, we are going to express the complete manual process for importing the PST file data in MS Outlook. By using this option, you can completely execute the PST file and perform any task like original (Default) PST file such as sending or receiving mails, use calendaring and contact facilities etc.
So, now follow the steps and get the knowledge about How to import PST in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 etc.
- Open MS Outlook and click on File menu option.
- Go to Open & Export and Select Import/Export option
- You will get the “Import and Export Wizard” windows. Select the “Import from another program or file” option and click on Next> button.
- New Window will open for “Import a File” >> Select the file type as PST >> click on Next
- The screen for browsing PST file will present. Browse the PST file >> Select anyone option for importing PST mailbox >> Click on Next
- You will get window for selecting the folder to import and you can set the filter from here. Click the finish button to complete the PST to Outlook importing process. By using this step, you can import new PST file data to previous (Default PST) file mailbox folders.
Conclusion: In this blog, I tried to provide the complete information about “How to Import PST to Outlook”. The user can easily open the PST file with any version of Outlook after following these easy steps.