Webmail to Outlook migration is probably used to get the Webmail server data in desktop based email client named as MS Outlook. Before moving on, first of all we must aware about Webmail and Outlook. So please take a look:
What is the Webmail?
Basically Webmail is web-based email accounts and there is proper internet connection required to use this. We can use this for using mailbox data of website’s email account. Suppose that you are working in any organization and they provided you company’s domain email ID and Password. Then where will you use that email ID and Password. The Webmail provides an option to open email account with domain webmail server. You can’t read, view or open old or new email or drafts without internet connection.
What is the MS Outlook?
As we all know that Outlook is worldwide desktop based email client provided by Microsoft to use any email account in both Offline and Online mode. With the help of MS Outlook, you can easily send and receive email, task, make the contacts, save the calendars and perform many operations. It saves the mailbox data in two types of data files named as OST and PST. Both the data files create in different scenarios. Main thing about Outlook is it is totally compatible with PST file format to use other email client mailbox data. So if you want to migrate from any other email client then you have to convert mailbox data file to PST file format.
How to convert Webmail to Outlook?
The MS Outlook provides more features than Webmail and it is strongly secure and user-friendly. It can be access without internet connectivity and perform many operations. There are three steps to perform Webmail to Outlook migration-
- Download the Webmail data to MBOX format
- Export MBOX to PST by using MailsSoftware MBOX to PST Converter
- Import PST in MS Outlook
So now let’s see the process to export Webmail to Outlook PST.
- First of all, open Webmail with proper web address – provide Email ID and Password >> Click on Login-
- Select any Default Webmail Application to further use (Here horde is selected)
- Now your webmail is ready to use.
- Now select the mailbox folder to use in Outlook. Right Click on the desired folder and click on Export option
- Now you will get the option to export Webmail data to MBOX file format – Download into a MBOX file & Download into a MBOX file (ZIP compressed). Select anyone option- click on OK.
- Downloading process of Webmail to MBOX will be start automatically and you will get the Mailbox data in “foldername.mbox” in your local PC/Laptop.
If you want to make sure that the downloaded data is accurate then go to folder where MBOX file is downloaded.
How to use MBOX Data to Outlook?
After downloading the Webmail data in MBOX file format, you have to convert MBOX data to PST file format for using MBOX in MS Outlook. The MBOX to Outlook migration process is so easy and flawless with our third-party MBOX Converter software. Download the software from here: MailsSoftware MBOX to PST Converter.
If you are not satisfied with my words then you can download the demo version of the software to only view the Webmail MBOX data without MS Outlook and export top 20 items from every folder of mailbox. For full access of the software, please buy the full licensed KEY of the software at just $39.
How to Import PST in MS Outlook?
After successfully MBOX to PST Conversion, you have to import PST file in MS Outlook to properly use Webmail data to MS Outlook. I have described complete manual steps to import PST in MS Outlook. Please go through the blog :- Import PST to MS Outlook